Sunday, April 1, 2012

a little thrifting. a little cooking.

So once again it has been awhile! I'm not too good at keeping up with things..and you know I'm just so busy. Beach bumming and trying to get fit. ridiculous. I did do some awesome thrifting on Thursday! Well Bargain Box in Hilcrest was so/so. I got a few books and an eight pound weight (which I decided Wednesday night I needed after bootcamp, so perfect!). The real treasures were found at the Veterans Thrift Store on Sutherland off Washington Street. There is also a pretty cool consignment furniture store close by that Nick and I checked out. 



loved the frame, and for five bucks! 


Started reading Paint it Black-such a good book so far!






I have been looking all over the place for pasta containers I liked. 


I still have a lot more to check out. They are everywhere! There is one right next to ww, so that will be my treat when I lose every Friday :)

SO as a part of more balance in my life I have made a huge effort to start cooking more. I enjoy it a lot- as long as there are few ingredients and a small amount of steps. I'm sure Nick will enjoy it too, in the past he has been the cook. I do make some killer sandwiches though. 

This recipe has been floating around Pinterest a lot lately, but in case you haven't seen it:

Cauliflower Pizza Crust 
(it's aaa-may-zing)


- Grate a head of cauliflower 
- Microwave for eight minutes to soften
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower with egg, cheese & spices
- Shape to 9-12 inch round and bake for 15 min at 450 degree heat (or until golden brown)

- After the crust is done just add your sauce & toppings and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. 

 Ingredients for crust:
1/2 large head of cauliflower 
1 large egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese (or any you prefer)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried minced (or fresh) garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion salt


I got the nutritional information from recipe girl. Can you believe that- 84 calories & 4.6 carbs!!

Nutritional info per serving for JUST THE CRUST- per slice (if you want to do your own toppings):
Serving Size: 1 slice (pizza cut into 6 slices)
Calories 84, Fat 4.3g, Sat Fat 2.6g, Cholesterol 40.8mg, Sodium 166mg, Carbohydrates 4.6g, Fiber 1.9g, Sugar 0g, Protein 7.1g
WW Points Plus: 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment